Friday, January 15, 2010

Another rainy Friday night

Spent the day in the darkroom printing pictures from so long ago. The smell of chemicals brings me back time and time again. Make no mistake, the magic of the image forming in the developer hooks me, reels me in, keeps me there until I have to stop. Like any set of images from a shoot, there will be some that just won't make. Too dark, too light, not in focus or simply just boring. The ones I printed today might fall under being too dark, but I like them. I like the way the light falls across her face highlighting one side before falling to her shoulder.

But there's more to them than that. What I truly like about these images of her is I see her there, whoever she is. She was a model hired for this job and as we walk around the city looking for locations we talked. This was new to her, her first assignment. Unlike her mother, who was also a model for us, she was shy, reserved, timid. At the same time wanted to please the photographer. The images I printed today were taken when she wasn't posing for the camera or being instructed what to do. When I captured them she was interacting with the people hanging around. She was relaxed, comfortable. Beautiful. I can't wait to see them. They should be dry - at least the RC ones. The fiber will take more time.

Satisfied that I accomplished something, I ran. I didn't have the sun today to warm my skin or warm temperatures. Only the dreary clouds hung overhead.  Although I started out cold, I was nice and hot by the time I finished. I even think I added more distance than Monday. I always feel better when I run.

I suppose the clouds were as upset with rain they were holding onto as I was that they hung overhead. They now pour on my house and land, saturating the saturated ground. Not wanting to get out in the mess, we stayed in and decided to have Wii Competition. I'm happy, no make that ecstatic, that I won all but one competition. Technically, my husband cheated by not swinging the bat with one hand, which I did and still made a home run. He won by one run home run. I think it's fair to say that I'm the WINNER! If you have a difficult time excepting that, then let's just say I'm a more talented player. I can live with that. 

At least there's not competition at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Photographer. Writer. Check out my website at: www.daphnefikes.com