Sunday, August 22, 2010

This is my son's last weekend before school starts.  Tired and unmotivated I wanted to stay around the house and do nothing but maybe read or write.  I knew we needed to get out of the house and do something.  I had mentioned that I'd like to camping if it wasn't so hot.  Some time in October, I was thinking.  Without anything to suggest, I gave in and we heading east to Purtis Creek SP.   The small park was a great place to spend the afternoon - I drug my feet until after lunch.  The trees kept the area cool.  Even walking out of the water in the heat of an August Texas the breeze chilled my skin.  It was an unexpected sensation.  


After a dip in the lake we took out our boat, the SS Myers - named after the family that gave us the boat - and paddled around the lake.  It was peaceful, beautiful and bored my son to tears.  Finally, we let him drag on the back of the boat which slowed our progress and made him happy. 


Here's an end of the day picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Photographer. Writer. Check out my website at: www.daphnefikes.com